At RoundPegg we follow all the Culture & Engagement buzz. So, earlier this week we looked back at the best, the worst (and most surprising) articles & blogs that got our attention this year.
After much deliberation. . . here are our Top 5 Recommended Reads. Check them out to see how you can resuscitate your company culture, hit your hiring target, and get your team engaged (by letting them stay home!?).
So without further ado, here are RoundPegg’s Top 5 Reads for 2015:
1. The Biggest Threat to a Growing Company’s Culture
By incentivizing the wrong thing, growing companies can create more problems than they solve.
- Learn how most companies, in their effort to incentivize employee productivity and retention, do the corporate equivalent of releasing snakes into their hallways.
- Does the thought of tackling your company culture give you a New Year’s Day hangover-sized headache? Then here’s your prescription to detox your culture and cure your company culture lethargy.
- The machines are taking over! Think you can make better hiring decisions than a robot? Check out how humans are using science and technology to make hires that exceed expectations. (Then you may want to dip your toe in the human data analytics pool and take our 7-minute Assessement that scientifically measures what you value most at work!)
- Despite our best best efforts, employee engagement remains at less than 33% (yes, that means 67% of employees say they are unegaged). Make 2016 different! Ditch what’s not working with your old model of engagement, then try adding in some of these strategies sure to re-energize your whole team!
- Big things are on tap for HR Technology this coming year. . . who better than Josh Berson to put a spotlight on the ten areas rife for change that you should keep an eye on to stay ahead of the HR game. This article is our hands-down fave on the Recommended Reading list, but be careful not to sound like too much of a smartypants at the office!
Did we miss any other really good reads this year? Was there a blog, book, or article that insipred you — or caused you to rethink what you thought you knew when it comes to people and organizations? If so, we want to know about it! Share the stuff that made you knock yourself on the forehead and say “a ha,” stories about forward-thinking companies we can all learn something from, and even your own pearls of wisdom based on your firsthand experience from the trenches!
Be fearless in 2016!
Have a Happy and Prosperous New Year,
The gang at the ’Pegg